All files must be press ready prior to uploading to EasySolve.
EasySolve Press Ready Specifications
EasySolve requires all artwork files to be “Press ready”. Files not submitted in the correct format may be subject to re-quotation.
• 3mm bleed; 5mm on folders
• 100% scale
• 1-up on a single page
• convert your text to paths, curves or outlines or embed in PDF
• please ensure all images are a minimum 300dpi
• nominate all colours as CMYK
• if mailing, please include a proof
• Business cards: 90mm x 54mm
• A6: 148mm x 105mm
• A5: 148mm x 210mm
• A4: 210mm x 297mm
• A3: 297mm x 420mm
• A2: 420mm x 594mm
PDF is our preferred file format.
Sending your files
EasySolve is focused on delivering high quality print media for the printing and related industries.
To do this we require our clients to supply files that are press ready. This will assist us in getting your job back to you as soon as possible.
You can send your files via:
• mailing or delivering a CD or USB drive
• uploading them to our FTP site – please contact us for further information if you would like to access our FTP site
• Our preference is for PDF files.
• We require all files to be CMYK with fonts embedded, centred in the page and with appropriate bleeds.
• Any trim marks, etc. should be offset by at least 3mm.
• We will also accept EPS, TIFF and JPEG files. We require that all fonts be converted to curves or outlines.
Important things to remember
• The best way to produce a PDF is by printing to a postscript file and then processing the postscript file through Acrobat Distiller.
• When creating PDF files from InDesign, fonts can be unstable when embedding using the InDesign PDF settings. Use Acrobat Distiller.
• See our Downloads page for the Distiller settings and templates.
• Please check and confirm all images you are using are CMYK and high resolution. Images need to be not less than 300dpi and 1200dpi for bitmaps.
• Do not save with any colour profiles.
• Ensure you flatten all transparencies and layers to avoid problems when going to print.
• Check for the need of a rich black in large black areas.
• We suggest 40C 40M 40Y 100k. Be careful that registration colour has not been used in your document.
• Files where the image or background tint touches the trim require a bleed.
• A 2 mm minimum is required beyond the trim size of your artwork, 5mm for bookwork.
• Also, any text or important information should be kept 3mm inside the trim size.
Matt Etch Varnish – File Setup
Please supply an extra page on Matt Etch Varnish files.
The last page should be a black and white pdf showing where the Matt Etch Varnish will go. The 100% black will show where the file is MATT and the white will show where the gloss is.
100% BLACK = MATT
WHITE = GLOSS
If there are any questions you may still have regarding setting up and sending your files, please feel free to contact our pre-press department at email@example.com